Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 turnips or 2 jicama
- 1 lb smoked ham, trim fat
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- rice or pasta
- Julienne all vegetables to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Julienne ham (fat trimmed) to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Melt butter in a large wok or saute pan over medium heat.
- Add red pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper, turnips or jicama, onion, ham and garlic.
- Squeeze lemon juice over mixture.
- Stir and toss until all vegetables are well coated with butter.
- Add 2 Tbsp of water, continue stirring until all vegetables are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve with rice or pasta.