Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
The browned potatoes pick up the tasty flavor of the ham. I love making this for a comforting meal. Recipe is from Taste of Home's "The Best of Country Cooking," Second Edition.
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter or 29.58-44.37 ml margarine
- 907.18 g sliced cooked ham, about 1/2 inch thick
- 680.38 g potatoes, peeled, quartered and cooked
- snipped fresh parsley
- In a large heavy skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Brown ham on both sides.
- Move ham to one side of the skillet; brown potatoes in the drippings.
- Sprinkle potatoes with parsley.
- Note: Prior to adding to skillet, only boil potatoes till just tender or they will have a tendency to fall apart while browning in the skillet.
Good, simple comfort food. I loved the potatoes that were soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. I used leftover ham slices and had dinner on the table very quickly. Thanks Lainey for another good recipe.