Recipe by Lainey6605
The browned potatoes pick up the tasty flavor of the ham. I love making this for a comforting meal. Recipe is from Taste of Home's "The Best of Country Cooking," Second Edition.
Top Review by lazyme
Good, simple comfort food. I loved the potatoes that were soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. I used leftover ham slices and had dinner on the table very quickly. Thanks Lainey for another good recipe.
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 lbs sliced cooked ham, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled, quartered and cooked
- snipped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Brown ham on both sides.
- Move ham to one side of the skillet; brown potatoes in the drippings.
- Sprinkle potatoes with parsley.
- Note: Prior to adding to skillet, only boil potatoes till just tender or they will have a tendency to fall apart while browning in the skillet.