Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 mins
In ‘The Complete Southern Cookbook’ by Tammy Allgood
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup plain cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped country ham
- 18 fresh asparagus tips (1-inch long)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and butter until well blended.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the flour and the cornmeal.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Lightly grease 18 miniature muffin cups and then preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Shape the dough into 18 balls.
- Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Swiss cheese and the remaining 1 tablespoon flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and cream.
- Stir in the Swiss cheese mixture and ham.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Top each muffin with an asparagus tip.
- Decrease oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Cover with foil; bake 17 minutes, or until set.
- Serve warm.