1/1 Photo of Country Green Beans and Onions
If you happen to be making bacon for breakfast one day, save a little of the bacon grease for this tasty recipe. Its a little indulgent in the saturated fat for everyday, but for an occasional treat its a flavor hit. Green, yellow, or Italian beans are all equally good done this way. If your family leaves any bacon behind you can add a little crumbled bacon. Mine never does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1String and snap fresh beans. Skip this step if using frozen.
- 2Quarter and slice the onion.
- 3Melt the bacon grease in a large, heavy skillet. I prefer a cast-iron chicken fryer.
- 4Saute the onions over medium to medium-high heat until soft and just begining to brown.
- 5Add the beans and saute until cooked enough to suit your personal taste. I prefer them barely done.
- 6Sprinkle with fresh-ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Green Beans and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g