Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
If you happen to be making bacon for breakfast one day, save a little of the bacon grease for this tasty recipe. Its a little indulgent in the saturated fat for everyday, but for an occasional treat its a flavor hit. Green, yellow, or Italian beans are all equally good done this way. If your family leaves any bacon behind you can add a little crumbled bacon. Mine never does.
- String and snap fresh beans. Skip this step if using frozen.
- Quarter and slice the onion.
- Melt the bacon grease in a large, heavy skillet. I prefer a cast-iron chicken fryer.
- Saute the onions over medium to medium-high heat until soft and just begining to brown.
- Add the beans and saute until cooked enough to suit your personal taste. I prefer them barely done.
- Sprinkle with fresh-ground black pepper.
I use this one all of the time but I like to add some mushroom, bacon pcs. and some itallian bread crumbs. YUUUUMMMMM!
My first time using frozen french style green beans and this recipe came in very handy. Its GREAT! I did add some sliced fresh mushrooms cause I needed to use them up and more bacon grease than called for and I added a dash of salt and alittle sugar. We really enjoyed these :) Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!