Recipe by 3KillerBs
If you happen to be making bacon for breakfast one day, save a little of the bacon grease for this tasty recipe. Its a little indulgent in the saturated fat for everyday, but for an occasional treat its a flavor hit. Green, yellow, or Italian beans are all equally good done this way. If your family leaves any bacon behind you can add a little crumbled bacon. Mine never does.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon bacon grease
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- String and snap fresh beans. Skip this step if using frozen.
- Quarter and slice the onion.
- Melt the bacon grease in a large, heavy skillet. I prefer a cast-iron chicken fryer.
- Saute the onions over medium to medium-high heat until soft and just begining to brown.
- Add the beans and saute until cooked enough to suit your personal taste. I prefer them barely done.
- Sprinkle with fresh-ground black pepper.