Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
these are great, good side at sunday dinner. the lemon really jazzes this dish up, i hope you enjoy. thanks again Mo' for the great side.
- 3 -4 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the ends off of the green beans (or snap them like the old folks did and remove the string).
- Wash and drain the beans.
- Cut the bacon into small cubes, and set it aside with the onion and garlic, until ready to use.
- Bring the large pot of salted water to a boil ( about 2 tablespoons salt to 1 ½ gallons of water).
- Add the beans and the lemon juice.
- Let this boil gently for 7 to 10 minutes, until the beans are tender.
- Drain the beans, reserving about 2 cups of the cooking water.
- In a large sauté pan, cook the bacon.
- Then add the onion and garlic Sauté for 7 to 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the beans and the reserved water to the bacon mixture.
- Add the butter, season with salt and pepper, and cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
These were yummy green beans. They were simple and tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.