1/1 Photo of Country Green Beans
these are great, good side at sunday dinner. the lemon really jazzes this dish up, i hope you enjoy. thanks again Mo' for the great side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the ends off of the green beans (or snap them like the old folks did and remove the string).
- 2Wash and drain the beans.
- 3Cut the bacon into small cubes, and set it aside with the onion and garlic, until ready to use.
- 4Bring the large pot of salted water to a boil ( about 2 tablespoons salt to 1 ½ gallons of water).
- 5Add the beans and the lemon juice.
- 6Let this boil gently for 7 to 10 minutes, until the beans are tender.
- 7Drain the beans, reserving about 2 cups of the cooking water.
- 8In a large sauté pan, cook the bacon.
- 9Then add the onion and garlic Sauté for 7 to 10 minutes over low heat.
- 10Add the beans and the reserved water to the bacon mixture.
- 11Add the butter, season with salt and pepper, and cover.
- 12Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.2
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 100.0 mg
- Sodium 1043.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 20.1 g