Recipe by children from A to Z
I found this online, this is for a large quantity. I haven't tried it yet. My suggestion is to cut it down by half just to try it before making a large batch. This keeps as long as the powdered milk. Great pantry staple to have on hand.
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups powdered milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup of both salt and course black pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- Put in an airtight container to store.
- To Make the Gravy:.
- Take 3-4 heaping Tbls. of mix and place in 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add 1-1/2 cup water or milk and whisk well.
- In a saucepan pour in mixture and whisk as it comes to a boil.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more water, milk or evaporated milk.
- It will be rich and creamy using milk but water works just fine.
- Additional salt & pepper to taste.