Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The right way to do country gravy!
- 59.16 ml bacon grease
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.16 ml flour
- 591.47 ml milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper
- melt bacon grease and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- add flour and mix creating a roux.
- whisk in milk slowly to prevent lumps.
- whisk untill smooth and thick.
- add bullion cube and salt and pepper.
- TIPS- If your sauce gets to thick add more milk. If it is to runny, add more flour. You can serve this sauce over potatoes, biscuits, chicken fried steak, etc.
This was a nice rich gravy that my family enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
Yum! The flavor of this gravy is excellent. I doubled the flour to get the consistency we prefer. Thanks for sharing this outstanding recipe.
This gravy is excellent (: It's so flavorful, simply delicious! I made this to serve with http://www.recipezaar.com/Bisquick-Chicken-Fingers-159253 and the two go so well together (: Next time I make it, I think I'll make it with biscuits (: Thanks so much for posting this (: