Recipe by chef victoria #2
The right way to do country gravy!
Top Review by janenjerry
The bacon grease and butter do not create the roux I am used to seeing, (it was much thinner) so I added more four. My mistake. I had to add more milk. Just follow the directions as written. It was very good and very tasty. I will surely make it again.
- 59.16 ml bacon grease
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.16 ml flour
- 591.47 ml milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- melt bacon grease and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- add flour and mix creating a roux.
- whisk in milk slowly to prevent lumps.
- whisk untill smooth and thick.
- add bullion cube and salt and pepper.
- TIPS- If your sauce gets to thick add more milk. If it is to runny, add more flour. You can serve this sauce over potatoes, biscuits, chicken fried steak, etc.