Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The right way to do country gravy!
- 4 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper
- melt bacon grease and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- add flour and mix creating a roux.
- whisk in milk slowly to prevent lumps.
- whisk untill smooth and thick.
- add bullion cube and salt and pepper.
- TIPS- If your sauce gets to thick add more milk. If it is to runny, add more flour. You can serve this sauce over potatoes, biscuits, chicken fried steak, etc.
The bacon grease and butter do not create the roux I am used to seeing, (it was much thinner) so I added more four. My mistake. I had to add more milk. Just follow the directions as written. It was very good and very tasty. I will surely make it again.
This was a nice rich gravy that my family enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
Yum! The flavor of this gravy is excellent. I doubled the flour to get the consistency we prefer. Thanks for sharing this outstanding recipe.