The right way to do country gravy!
Make and share this Country Gravy (Cream Gravy) recipe from Food.com.
- melt bacon grease and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- add flour and mix creating a roux.
- whisk in milk slowly to prevent lumps.
- whisk untill smooth and thick.
- add bullion cube and salt and pepper.
- TIPS- If your sauce gets to thick add more milk. If it is to runny, add more flour. You can serve this sauce over potatoes, biscuits, chicken fried steak, etc.
This was a nice rich gravy that my family enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
Yum! The flavor of this gravy is excellent. I doubled the flour to get the consistency we prefer. Thanks for sharing this outstanding recipe.
This gravy is excellent (: It's so flavorful, simply delicious! I made this to serve with http://www.recipezaar.com/Bisquick-Chicken-Fingers-159253 and the two go so well together (: Next time I make it, I think I'll make it with biscuits (: Thanks so much for posting this (: