Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Real cream gravy.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter and bacon grease in a medium sauce pan over med high heat.
- Add flour mixing to create a roux.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Eatch out for lumps.
- Vook stirring constantly until smooth and thick.
- Add bullion, garlic, and salt and pepper; mix well.
- TIPS- If your sauce is too thick, add milk. If it too runny, add more flour.
I made this last night to use over my biscuits and it is AWESOME!! I didn't have a bouillon cube so I used about 4tsps of Broth and it worked wonderfully!! My husband grabbed the recipe and said "This is a saver". We will be using this again in the very near future.
Made this creamy tasty gravy as written. It went so well with my fried chicken #205601. My husband really liked. I am going to try it as the base for sausage gravy. It's a keeper. Thanks chef victoria #2. Bullwinkle
This is a basic cream sauce recipe with the addition of a chicken bouillon cube and garlic.There is so much you can do with this recipe. You can add mushrooms and have a chicken mushroom gravy, or beef bouillion with a dash of A-1 sauce and have a great beef cream gravy. Thanks for posting!