1/2 Photos of Country Girl's Banana-Carrot-Ginger Bread
1 hr 20 mins
Recipe Junkie's Note:
From the book, "Aunt Bee's Delightful Desserts" by Ken Beck and Jim Clark
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large carrots or 3 medium carrots, grated
- 2 extra large eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange blossom honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup plain cornmeal (not self-rising)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease (with margarine) and flour a loaf pan.
- 3Mix bananas, carrots, eggs, oil, honey, ginger and lemon juice, either by hand or with electric mixer on low speed.
- 4Stir flour, cornmeal, slat, baking soda and allspice in a separate bowl.
- 5Stir flour mixture and then walnuts into wet mixture, being careful not to overmix.
- 6Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
- 8(You can grate ginger with a cheese grater and put it in the lemon juice while you prepare the rest of the mixture. Then strain the lemon juice and add it to the batter. That way you won't have pieces of ginger in the bread and the ginger flavor won't be too strong).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Girl's Banana-Carrot-Ginger Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1089 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3320.7
- Calories from Fat 1844
- Total Fat 204.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 490.6 mg
- Sodium 2136.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 341.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 49.7 g
- Sugars 112.1 g
- Protein 76.3 g