Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A wonderful homemade liquid soap recipe. Let me know what you think of it!
Make and share this Country Garden Liquid Soap recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mineral water
- 1⁄2 cup rose water
- 1 tablespoon dried peppermint
- 1 tablespoon dried chamomile
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petal
- 1 tablespoon unscented glycerin bath soap, grated
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring the distilled water and rosewater to a boil.
- Add the herbs and flowers to the boiling water.
- Let simmer 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and let the mixture continue to steep for 1 full hour.
- Strain the herbs and flowers out of the mixture.
- Reheat the mixture, but don't boil.
- Add the grated glycerin soap and castor oil.
- Stir til soap is melted.
- Let cool, and bottle.
I think this was very cool! I had to make substitutions, though, due to the inavailability of various ingredients. I used dried rosemary as a substitute for rose petals and dried marjoram as a substitute for dried peppermint. Instead of grating the bath soap, I used a liquid bath soap. Also, I did not have castor oil on hand, so I used Dabur Vatika oil as a substitute. It smells great on its own and imparted a lovely smell to this soap. I allowed the mixture to steep for 1.5 hours. This soap smelt wonderful and was gentle on my hands. My hands felt smooth after using these. Definitely a keeper! Thank You Very Much for sharing:-)