Recipe by Denise in NH
I got this recipe in a coupon circular. I love Alfredo but has always been too loaded with fat to fit it into my diet. This is a lighter version that will be enjoyed by all Alfredo fanatics trying to cut down the fat in their diet.
- 12 ounces light'n fluffy egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (Broccoli, Carrot and red pepper is good in this recipe)
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed and softened (Garden Herb cream cheese can be used in place of the plain)
- 3 tablespoons molly mcbutter natural butter sprinkles butter flavoring
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, garlic & herb
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In last 4 minutes of boiling, add vegetables to boiling noodles.
- Drain noodle/vegetable mix; set aside and keep warm.
- In separate saucepan, add milk, cream cheese, Molly McButter and Mrs.
- Dash; heat until cream cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Toss hot noodles, green onions and sauce.