CP Camper's Note:
I make this for myself and my three year old and we both just love it. I use two skillets but you could easily do it as a traditional frittata
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to broil.
- 2Add butter and olive oil to skillet and melt butter over medium low heat.
- 3Add onion and carrots and saute adding beef broth to maintain a small amount of liquid in the pan.
- 4In separate bowl mix eggs, cream, basil and a small amount of salt and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- 5When onions have become transparent add tomatoes and ham and stir cooking until tomatoes are well done and almost falling apart. Again add beef broth as needed to maintain a small (1/8 inch) amount of liquid in the pan.
- 6Turn off heat.
- 7In a separate skillet (preferably non stick) add the mozzarella. Whisk the eggs again and add to the mozzarella. Stir keeping the mozzarella evenly distributed around the pan.
- 8Add onion mixture from other pan and stir well again remembering to keep the mozzarella evenly distributed.
- 9Top with Parmesan and place under broiler for 2-4 minutes watching carefully to make sure it does not burn.
- 10Remove from oven. Let rest five minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.2 mg
- Sodium 269.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g