Recipe by CP Camper
I make this for myself and my three year old and we both just love it. I use two skillets but you could easily do it as a traditional frittata
- 4 eggs
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml cream
- 29.58 ml chopped onions
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced carrot
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 7.39 ml chopped basil
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 59.16 ml deli ham
- 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Add butter and olive oil to skillet and melt butter over medium low heat.
- Add onion and carrots and saute adding beef broth to maintain a small amount of liquid in the pan.
- In separate bowl mix eggs, cream, basil and a small amount of salt and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- When onions have become transparent add tomatoes and ham and stir cooking until tomatoes are well done and almost falling apart. Again add beef broth as needed to maintain a small (1/8 inch) amount of liquid in the pan.
- Turn off heat.
- In a separate skillet (preferably non stick) add the mozzarella. Whisk the eggs again and add to the mozzarella. Stir keeping the mozzarella evenly distributed around the pan.
- Add onion mixture from other pan and stir well again remembering to keep the mozzarella evenly distributed.
- Top with Parmesan and place under broiler for 2-4 minutes watching carefully to make sure it does not burn.
- Remove from oven. Let rest five minutes and serve.