1/2 Photos of Country Fried Steaks
Nothing says stick to your ribs meal like Country fried steak with gravy, real mashed potatoes and green beans cooked all day with bacon. Awww heck and just top it off with some peach cobbler then lay on the couch for a long nap. I got this recipe out of taste of home and I thought it was pretty tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef cube steaks
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (divided)
- 1Combine 3 tablespoons flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2Coat steaks with remaining flour.
- 3Beat egg white and water; dip steaks, then dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- 4In a skillet over medium high heat, cook two steaks in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until crisp, lightly browned and cooked as desired.
- 5Remove steaks and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and steaks.
- 6Meanwhile, for gravy, melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour until well blended. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for two minutes, stirring constantly; reduce heat to medium low.
- 7Add bouillon, marjoram, thyme and pepper; simmer, uncoved for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Serve over steaks.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fried Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.7
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 373.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef cube steaks