Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted this recipe from Cooking Light Annual Recipes.
- 44.37 ml nonfat milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4 (453.59 g) sirloin cube steaks
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml mushrooms, quartered
- 36.97 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 396.89 g can reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- Combine 3 tablespoons milk and egg whites in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Combine 1/3 cup flour and next 4 ingredients (1/3 cup flour through pepper) in a shallow dish. Working with 1 steak at a time, dip in egg mixture then dredge in flour mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining steaks.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove steaks from pan and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté 3 minutes. Combine 2 1/2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and broth, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Spoon over steaks.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
Very tasty, thank you. Meduim-high was too hot for my stove. I served atop mashed potatoes.
This is so easy and good. I made it exactly as stated and it turned out perfect. Very tasty.