- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) sirloin cube steaks
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 3 tablespoons milk and egg whites in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Combine 1/3 cup flour and next 4 ingredients (1/3 cup flour through pepper) in a shallow dish. Working with 1 steak at a time, dip in egg mixture then dredge in flour mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining steaks.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove steaks from pan and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté 3 minutes. Combine 2 1/2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and broth, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Spoon over steaks.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.