Recipe by DailyInspiration
Recipe is from Southern Living Magazine. Love this spicy twist on this dish.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb sirloin steak, tenderized
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies (1 can drained and 1 can undrained)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together milk and egg in a medium bowl. Stir together flour and chili seasoning packet in a shallow bowl. Dip steaks in egg mixture; dredge in flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Fry steaks in hot oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Keep steaks warm in a 225 degree F. oven.
- Stir in drained and undrained tomatoes and green chiles, and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with steaks.