Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A favorite with our family for years. I serve this with rice. Use milk to thin the gravy if necessary. Hope you enjoy!
- 907.18-1133.98 g cube steaks, cut into serving size peices
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 118.29 ml flour
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml flour
- 473.18 ml milk (more if desired)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Sprinkle steaks with 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and garlic salt.
- Dredge steak in 1/2 cup flour and dip into 1/2 cup milk.
- Return to flour and dredge again.
- Brown steaks in hot oil in large, heavy skillet.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels: set aside.
- Pour off pan drippings, reserving 3 tbs.
- Add 1/4 cup flour to drippings; cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add 2 cups milk; cook stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add steak to gravy; cover and reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Serves 8.
Good flavor, but the gravy was really thick and my kids wouldn't touch the dish because of it. Next time I make it, I will add more milk and less flour. My husband and I really enjoyed it.
We really liked this alot! I thought the thick gravy was really good, but it would be simple to thin if you felt the need... I will definately make this again my son and my hubby and myself all enjoyed it very much! Thanks for the delicious recipe Bev!
The super thick sauce/gravy seems to make the meat extra tender and flavorful. I don't eat all the gravy that it makes but this is absolutely delicious!