1/6 Photos of Country Fried Steak with Cream Gravy
A favorite with our family for years. I serve this with rice. Use milk to thin the gravy if necessary. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle steaks with 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and garlic salt.
- 2Dredge steak in 1/2 cup flour and dip into 1/2 cup milk.
- 3Return to flour and dredge again.
- 4Brown steaks in hot oil in large, heavy skillet.
- 5Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels: set aside.
- 6Pour off pan drippings, reserving 3 tbs.
- 7Add 1/4 cup flour to drippings; cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- 8Add 2 cups milk; cook stirring constantly.
- 9Stir in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 10Add steak to gravy; cover and reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 11Remove cover and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 12Serves 8.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fried Steak with Cream Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.0
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 473.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: