A favorite with our family for years. I serve this with rice. Use milk to thin the gravy if necessary. Hope you enjoy!
- Sprinkle steaks with 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and garlic salt.
- Dredge steak in 1/2 cup flour and dip into 1/2 cup milk.
- Return to flour and dredge again.
- Brown steaks in hot oil in large, heavy skillet.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels: set aside.
- Pour off pan drippings, reserving 3 tbs.
- Add 1/4 cup flour to drippings; cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add 2 cups milk; cook stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add steak to gravy; cover and reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Serves 8.