The recipe states that it serves 6, but not in my house...six quail would just be an appetizer. Of course, the recipe can be doubled easily to feed hungrier appetites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread the quail open and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Combine the 1/4 c flour, 1 t salt and 1/2 t pepper.
- 3Dredge the quail in the seasoned flour.
- 4Pour oil to 1/4" depth in the skillet and heat.
- 5Add the floured quail to the oil when it's hot and brown on both sides.
- 6Remove the quail from the skillet.
- 7Combine the 3 T flour, 1 c water (or milk and water), and 1/2 t salt.
- 8Add to the drippings in the skillet and stir to combine.
- 9Add the quail back in the skillet.
- 10Add enough water to come halfway up the quail.
- 11Cover and reduce the heat to low.
- 12Simmer for 30 minutes or until the quail is done and the gravy has thickened.
Browse Our Top Quail Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quail Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fried Quail
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 640.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 22.3 g