Down-home comfort food. This is not low-fat!
Make and share this Country Fried Pork Chops With Cream Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a plate or shallow dish.
- Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour (reserve unused flour).
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet.
- When hot, add the flour coated pork chops and brown on medium-high.
- Turn and brown on the other side.
- Add 1/4 cup water.
- Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork chops are done.
- Remove cover, increase the heat and recrisp the chops.
- Remove chops to a paper towel lined plate.
- Stir up any flour "crispies" to loosen.
- Add more oil if needed to make about 3 tablespoons.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of the reserved seasoned flour to the hot oil, stirring constantly with a whisk until lightly browned.
- Add 2 cups of milk all at once and continue stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- If the gravy is too thick, add some water.
- Add a couple of drops of gravy coloring (Kitchen Bouquet) if needed to give the gravy a rich color.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve pork chops with cream gravy.
Made this for CQ 2014 and I'm glad I did! Nice crust, moist chops & I added some roasted garlic to the gravy!
A keeper for sure! The pork chops were moist and tender. The flour was a gluten free blend. I did not have the Kitchen Bouquet so my gravy is a lighter cream gravy. Made for U.S. Southern in Culinary Quest 2014.
This is how my mom makes chicken and pork chops. It turned out very good for me. We loved it.