1/10 Photos of Country Fried Pork Chops With Cream Gravy
Down-home comfort food. This is not low-fat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, salt and pepper in a plate or shallow dish.
- 2Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour (reserve unused flour).
- 3Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet.
- 4When hot, add the flour coated pork chops and brown on medium-high.
- 5Turn and brown on the other side.
- 6Add 1/4 cup water.
- 7Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork chops are done.
- 8Remove cover, increase the heat and recrisp the chops.
- 9Remove chops to a paper towel lined plate.
- 10Stir up any flour "crispies" to loosen.
- 11Add more oil if needed to make about 3 tablespoons.
- 12Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of the reserved seasoned flour to the hot oil, stirring constantly with a whisk until lightly browned.
- 13Add 2 cups of milk all at once and continue stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- 14If the gravy is too thick, add some water.
- 15Add a couple of drops of gravy coloring (Kitchen Bouquet) if needed to give the gravy a rich color.
- 16Season with salt and pepper.
- 17Serve pork chops with cream gravy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fried Pork Chops With Cream Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.8
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 148.7 mg
- Sodium 537.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 46.0 g