- 6 pork chops
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups milk
- Kitchen Bouquet
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a plate or shallow dish.
- Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour (reserve unused flour).
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet.
- When hot, add the flour coated pork chops and brown on medium-high.
- Turn and brown on the other side.
- Add 1/4 cup water.
- Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork chops are done.
- Remove cover, increase the heat and recrisp the chops.
- Remove chops to a paper towel lined plate.
- Stir up any flour "crispies" to loosen.
- Add more oil if needed to make about 3 tablespoons.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of the reserved seasoned flour to the hot oil, stirring constantly with a whisk until lightly browned.
- Add 2 cups of milk all at once and continue stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- If the gravy is too thick, add some water.
- Add a couple of drops of gravy coloring (Kitchen Bouquet) if needed to give the gravy a rich color.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve pork chops with cream gravy.