1/2 Photos of " Country Fried " Pig Fingers
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
You see chicken fingers and cow (steak :)) fingers, so I thought why not pig (pork) fingers? I changed my fried pork chop recipe and came up with this. Feel free to sprinkle more pepper and seasoning salt before frying. This is really easier than it looks. If you want to use these as an appetizer, cut the 12 pieces in half to make 24. Posted September 17th, 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick with all visible fat removed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 78.07 ml milk
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml seasoning salt
- 177.44 ml self-rising flour
- 0.59-1.23 ml cajun seasoning (optional)
- 59.14-78.07 ml canola oil
- 1Cut each chop into three strips lengthwise.
- 2With textured end of meat mallet, pound each strip ¼-inch thick.
- 3Mix milk and egg well; set aside.
- 4Mix together flour, pepper, seasoning salt, and Cajun seasoning if desired.
- 5Coat each strip in flour mixture.
- 6Then flatten each piece with palm of hand.
- 7Dip each strip into egg mixture.
- 8Coat again with flour mixture.
- 9Sit strips on aluminum foil to let "dry" for 10 minutes.
- 10Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- 11Add strips six at a time.
- 12Fry until golden brown; turn and repeat.
- 13Repeat step 12, until all strips are cooked.
- 14Drain on paper towels.
- 15Serve with white gravy.
- 16White gravy:.
- 17Dispose of oil except for 4 tablespoons.
- 18Add 1/4 cup flour.
- 19Whisk until paste is formed.
- 20Add 1 to 1 1/4 cup milk; stir until desired thickness is reached (gravy will thicken as it stands).
- 21Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Country Fried " Pig Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (1307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 148.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: