This is just a different twist on 2 Southern favorites. Cook, eat and enjoy!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine okra and tomato in a bowl.
- 2Season with the salt and pepper.
- 3Mix the cornmeal and flour and toss the veggies in this mixture until coated.
- 4Heat oil in a large skillet over mediun-high heat.
- 5Add okra and tomatoes.
- 6Cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until crisp and browned- about 15-20 minutes.
- 7Remove okra and tomatoes to a serving platter which has been covered with a paper towel to drain.
- 8Serve and heat while hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country-fried Okra and Green Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.7
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g