Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is just a different twist on 2 Southern favorites. Cook, eat and enjoy!!!!!
Make and share this Country-fried Okra and Green Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Combine okra and tomato in a bowl.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Mix the cornmeal and flour and toss the veggies in this mixture until coated.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over mediun-high heat.
- Add okra and tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until crisp and browned- about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove okra and tomatoes to a serving platter which has been covered with a paper towel to drain.
- Serve and heat while hot.