Recipe by Kayne
I have no idea where I found this, but I love it. In keeping with most of my cooking, quick and easy are the key words with this recipe. I'm starting to venture into longer and more difficult recipes a bit more, so maybe later recipes will get more complicated.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This recipe is very tasty. I've made it twice now. I don't know if the product we get where I live is a bit different here. It's called fast fry steak and the first time I cooked it I found it to be somewhat tough. The second time I pounded it with a meat tenderizer before freezing it, then proceeded to prepare the recipe exactly as written. This was much better. We'll be having this again. Made for Every "DAY" Is A Holiday! Tag.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 -8 frozen cube steaks
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- DO NOT DEFROST THE STEAKS, they must be frozen when cooked, otherwise they become a bit tough.
- Melt the shortening. Lower heat to medium or medium high.
- Dip FROZEN steaks in the Italian dressing, next into the crumbs until meat is completely covered.
- Pan fry meat in hot shortening over medium-high heat, long enough to brown both sides, no more than 2 minutes per side, and if the steak is very thin, that would be too long!