Recipe by Bogey'sMom
Although this recipe really should only be consumed by a true rebel, we will allow the occassional yank to partake. And you wonder why Southern men wake up so early.
Top Review by bullwinkle
Soaking the ham in the milk removed a lot of the salt. We really liked this dish. It reminded me of the breakfast my Mom use to make with fried grits, eggs and biscuits. Thanks Bogey's Mom
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak ham in milk overnight.
- The next morning, wipe ham with paper towels.
- Put just enough ham fat into skillet to keep ham from sticking.
- Have skillet hot, not too hot.
- Slowly brown ham evenly on both sides.
- When done, remove to hot platter.
- For the gravy, add the coffee to ham drippings in skillet, sprinkle with a bit of pepper and let come to a boil.
- Stir well and serve piping hot with biscuits.