1/2 Photos of Country Fried Corn
This has been a staple at Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House in Lynchburg, Tennessee for over 100 years. Use only fresh corn for best results. I have not made this so cook times are only estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrape kernels of corn off the cob using a sharp knife. Be sure to get as much liquid from the cob as possible. Set aside.
- 2In a heavy skillet cook the bacon until crisp; remove from skillet and crumble. Set aside.
- 3Stir corn into hot bacon drippings. Add water and sugar.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken.
- 5Gradually stir milk into cornstarch until smooth. Add to corn.
- 6Cook over low heat until thickened.
- 7Stir in butter and salt.
- 8Top with crumbled bacon before serving.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fried Corn
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.4
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 133.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g