Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another recipe I got from George Stella's cookbook & tweaked for my needs. Note: Looking at my bag of soy flour I see that Food.com's nutrients facts don't show any fiber in it, which it has. So by my calculation there should be 10 net carbs per serving not 15.
- canola oil, for frying
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups soy flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- Mix together the ingredients for the breading mix, set aside.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board then use a meat tenderizing mallet to pound the chicken very thin.
- Heat about an 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan. Then whisk together the eggs & water to make the egg wash.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the breading mix then into the egg wash & back into the breading.
- Once completely covered gently place the chicken into the hot oil. Fry for 2 minutes then flip & continue to fry for another 2 minutes. The final result should be golden brown & crispy on the outside.
- Place the chicken onto a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess oil. then remove them to regular serving plates.
- Next start the gravy by adding all the ingredients (except the sour cream) into pot. Cook over high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce is reduced by a third.
- Take off the heat then stir in the sour cream, if using. Pour over the chicken & serve immediately.