1/2 Photos of Country Fried Chicken Steak with Cream Gravy
2 hrs 4 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs sirloin tip roast, Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, To Taste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar, Distilled
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons pepper, Freshly Ground
- vegetable oil, For Deep Fry
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1Pound the meat with a spiked meat mallet to tenderize.
- 2Cut each slice crosswise into 3 pieces.
- 3Place in a large bowl.
- 4Cover with water and add the salt and vinegar.
- 5Marinate for 2 hours.
- 6Combine the flour and pepper in a plastic bag and add the meat, (do not pat dry) 1 piece at a time, shaking to coat thoroughly.
- 7Heat the oil in the deep fryer or deep large skillet, over medium heat, to 350 degrees.
- 8Add the meat in batches (do not crowd) and fry until light brown, about 30 seconds per side.
- 9Drain the meat on paper towels and place it on a heated platter that has been tented with foil.
- 10For the gravy, pour off all but 2 Tbls of the oil in the skillet, leaving the browned bits.
- 11Heat over medium heat and add the flour, stirring and scraping up all of the browned bits for 3 minutes.
- 12Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk.
- 13Stir in the salt and continue to whisk until thickened, about 1 minute.
- 14Serve over the steaks and garnish with parsley just before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fried Chicken Steak with Cream Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 379.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sirloin tip roast