Top Review by Fred
I have two hungry teenage boys and they absolutly love this dish. We have made it one of our special weekend dinners. Mashed taters and green beans with rolls makes this a very filling meal.
- 3 lbs sirloin tip roast, Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, To Taste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar, Distilled
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons pepper, Freshly Ground
- vegetable oil, For Deep Fry
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sprig parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the meat with a spiked meat mallet to tenderize.
- Cut each slice crosswise into 3 pieces.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Cover with water and add the salt and vinegar.
- Marinate for 2 hours.
- Combine the flour and pepper in a plastic bag and add the meat, (do not pat dry) 1 piece at a time, shaking to coat thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer or deep large skillet, over medium heat, to 350 degrees.
- Add the meat in batches (do not crowd) and fry until light brown, about 30 seconds per side.
- Drain the meat on paper towels and place it on a heated platter that has been tented with foil.
- For the gravy, pour off all but 2 Tbls of the oil in the skillet, leaving the browned bits.
- Heat over medium heat and add the flour, stirring and scraping up all of the browned bits for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk.
- Stir in the salt and continue to whisk until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Serve over the steaks and garnish with parsley just before serving.