My husband Loves fried chicken...I found this recipe in a cookbook I have and tried it, and it came out awesome! My husband said it was the best he has ever had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend milk and egg.
- 2Combine flour and seasoning in plastic or paper bag.
- 3Shake chicken in seasoned flour.
- 4Dip chicken pieces in milk/egg mixture.
- 5Shake chicken a second time in seasoning mixture to coat thoroughly and evenly.
- 6To Pan Fry-- Melt Crisco in skillet to about 1/2-to 1 inch deep and heat to 365*, Brown chicken on all sides.
- 7Reduce heat (275*) and continue cooking until chicken is tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- 8Do not cover.
- 9Turn chicken several times during cooking.
- 10Drain on paper towels.
- 11To Deep Fry-- Prepare as above and cook in deep Crisco heated to 365* for 15-18 minutes.
- 12Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.7
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 270.6 mg
- Sodium 232.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 58.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: