Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe provides a crisp and tasty coating your bound to love.
Make and share this Country Fried Catfish recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a 10 inch cast iron skillet to 350°F.
- Combine all (DRY) ingredients in a large bowl.
- Dip cat fish in cold water, then coat with Dry mix.
- Place Cat fish in hot oil carefully not to burn your self, (do not over crowd fish).
- Fry till golden brown (about 5 to 10 minutes), remove to drain on paper towels.
- Serve with TarTar sauce and lemon wedges on the side.
- Suggested side dishes, Fried Potatoes& Onions,and Golden Hominy and Hush Puppies.
I cut the oil back to 2 tbsp. The mixture of half flour & half cornmeal gives a nice light crisp coating even when fried in the less amount of oil. I only fried them for about 4 minutes each side - The fish remained moist. Served with a slice of lemon & tartar sauce as suggested - Thanks Skip for a tasty dinner
This makes a nice, crisp coating.