Recipe by Geema
This is a truly delicious butternut squash recipe! I saute it on a large griddle in just a small amount of oil, and it turns out perfectly. I found this on Allrecipes by Maryanne. Her grandmother won a blue ribbon with this recipe and I can see why!
Top Review by familychiroandmassage
Loved it. I added cinnamon, curry, cardamon, cumin, and tumuric. I used the cornmeal, and coconut flour, and didn't us the milk or wheat flour. Due to allergies. It worked well. This is a great. Even the babysitter thought it was good. :)
- 6 lbs butternut squash
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg and milk together in a pie plate or flat bowl.
- In a second flat bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Peel butternut squash.
- Cut a slice off the bottom of the squash and stand it securely on cutting board.
- With a sharp knife, slice peel off from top to bottom, continuing around the squash until tough peel is completely removed.
- Slice squash into 1/2 inch circles.
- dip squash slices first in the milk/egg mixture and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Fry or saute in a frying pan or griddle in oil until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes a side.