1/2 Photos of Country Fresh Apple Cobbler
This recipe is so easy to throw together and reminds me of a dessert my grandmother would make when all the family came to visit. Created for RSC#10.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, separate
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (eliminate if using self-rising flour)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Place apple slices in a bowl and coat with juice from one lemon. Set aside.
- 4Place pecan pieces in a pie tin or similar oven-proof container, and place in the oven for about 7 minutes, or until toasted. (Watch carefully to prevent burning.) Let cool.
- 5Meanwhile place butter in a large casserole or 11x13 baking pan. Place casserole in oven until butter melts, and remove.
- 6Spread apple slices in single layer across the melted butter in the bottom of the casserole. Sprinkle the pecan pieces, lemon zest, cinnamon, and brown sugar over the apple slices and drizzle the syrup over all.
- 7In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder (if not using self-rising flour), sugar, and milk. Slowly pour the mixture over the apple slices and lightly spread the batter to cover the apples.
- 8Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30 - 40 minutes until brown on the top. Remove to cool.
- 10Whip cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue to whip until peaks are stiff (but not overly stiff like butter).
- 11Serve cobbler in bowls topped with a few tablespoons whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fresh Apple Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.7
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 60.2 mg
- Sodium 210.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g