Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A good crockpot recipe that doesn't take all day. DH loves these.
- 2 cups great northern beans, dried, sorted, and rinsed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence, dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- Place beans in a large bowl and cover with water by about 2 inches. Soak overnight. Drain.
- Mix beans with remaining ingredients, except red bell pepper ,in a crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high 3 1/2 - 5 hours or until tender. Stir red bell pepper into beans.
- I always start checking these after 3 1/2 hours.
Fabulous! I made this as posted with the exception that I added carrot and not red pepper to the beans. I used French haricot blanc beans and cooked them over a slow heat in my Le Creuset Dutch oven, for about 2 hours. Made for Cool Beans in the Photo's Forum and very much enjoyed thanks. FT:-)