Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really easy to make and good with a loaf of french bread and a salad for a nice light meal...
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 medium onions, diced
- 1 white leek, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat chicken broth.
- Add salt, pepper, potatoes, onions and leek.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and using a potato masher, mash potatoes leaving them in pieces.
- Add parsley, cream and butter.
This was definitely NOT my Mother's potato soup! But it was really, really good! I did add an additional can of broth, because I thought there was not enough liquid after adding the potatoes, onions and leeks. The leeks imparted a sweetness to the soup, which I liked. Will have this again, especially when it gets cold outside! Thnx for sharing your recipe, janice. Made for PAC Fall 2009.