1/1 Photo of Country French Pork Chops
From Cook's Country. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chops to taste with salt andpepper.
- 2Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat and add chops. Cook until well browned on both sides but still pink in the center, 3-4 minutes per side.
- 3Remove from skillet, place on platter and cover.
- 4Add broth to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits with a spoon.
- 5Add brown sugar, red wine vinegar, prunes, and olives; simmer till sauce thickens, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 6Whisk in butter and parsley.
- 7Reduce flame to medium low; return chops and accumulated juices to skillet.
- 8Simmer, turning chops once or twice, until sauce clings and meat is completely cooked, 3-5 minutes.
- 9Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country French Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.2
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 234.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 23.9 g