From Cook's Country. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
Make and share this Country French Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- Season chops to taste with salt andpepper.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat and add chops. Cook until well browned on both sides but still pink in the center, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet, place on platter and cover.
- Add broth to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits with a spoon.
- Add brown sugar, red wine vinegar, prunes, and olives; simmer till sauce thickens, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in butter and parsley.
- Reduce flame to medium low; return chops and accumulated juices to skillet.
- Simmer, turning chops once or twice, until sauce clings and meat is completely cooked, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve at once.