Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cook's Country. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml pitted prune, coarse chopped
- 118.29 ml green olives, coarse chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chops to taste with salt andpepper.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat and add chops. Cook until well browned on both sides but still pink in the center, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet, place on platter and cover.
- Add broth to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits with a spoon.
- Add brown sugar, red wine vinegar, prunes, and olives; simmer till sauce thickens, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in butter and parsley.
- Reduce flame to medium low; return chops and accumulated juices to skillet.
- Simmer, turning chops once or twice, until sauce clings and meat is completely cooked, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve at once.
this is a pretty dish next time i wouldnt add the brown sugar though with the green olives , the rest is good . dee