Recipe by Lainey6605
My husband enjoys this chicken dish. Herb and butter noodles and sugar snap peas are nice accompaniments. Recipe is from Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals.
Top Review by ksduffster
Very simple and nearly complete meal! I cut the meat and tomato mixture in half because I can barely eat 1/4 lb. of meat and I didn't want to have too much leftover. I left out the mushrooms due to allergy and used dried tarragon. I served this with buttered lima beans and we enjoyed it very much. What I did have leftover re-heated well the next day for lunch. Thanks Lainey!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (or combination of both, cut into chunks, also it should be boneless and skinless) or 2 lbs chicken thighs (or combination of both, cut into chunks, also it should be boneless and skinless)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 mushrooms (creminis, finely chopped)
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves removed and chopped to about 2 T
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (a handful)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (32 ounce) canchunky-style crushed tomatoes (or diced tomatoes in puree)
Herb and Butter Noodles
- 1⁄2 lb extra-wide egg noodles (cooked until just tender, about 6 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small bits
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves removed and chopped to about 1 T
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped to about 2 T
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet over medium high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Season the chicken, brown it in the oil for 2-3 minutes on each side, and remove to a plate.
- Return pan to stove and reduce heat to medium.
- Add butter to the pan and saute the shallots, carrots and mushrooms.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes until mushrooms darken and carrot bits are fork tender.
- Add tarragon and parsley and stir.
- Add wine and reduce liquid for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add chicken back to the pan and simmer chicken in sauce for 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Serve chicken with herb and butter noodles and sugar snap peas, if desired.
- To make noodles, toss the cooked noodles with butter bits and herbs in a bowl until butter melts, about 1 minute.
- Season noodles with salt and pepper.