Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband enjoys this chicken dish. Herb and butter noodles and sugar snap peas are nice accompaniments. Recipe is from Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (or combination of both, cut into chunks, also it should be boneless and skinless) or 2 lbs chicken thighs (or combination of both, cut into chunks, also it should be boneless and skinless)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 mushrooms (creminis, finely chopped)
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves removed and chopped to about 2 T
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (a handful)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (32 ounce) canchunky-style crushed tomatoes (or diced tomatoes in puree)
Herb and Butter Noodles
- 1⁄2 lb extra-wide egg noodles (cooked until just tender, about 6 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small bits
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves removed and chopped to about 1 T
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped to about 2 T
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In large skillet over medium high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Season the chicken, brown it in the oil for 2-3 minutes on each side, and remove to a plate.
- Return pan to stove and reduce heat to medium.
- Add butter to the pan and saute the shallots, carrots and mushrooms.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes until mushrooms darken and carrot bits are fork tender.
- Add tarragon and parsley and stir.
- Add wine and reduce liquid for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add chicken back to the pan and simmer chicken in sauce for 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Serve chicken with herb and butter noodles and sugar snap peas, if desired.
- To make noodles, toss the cooked noodles with butter bits and herbs in a bowl until butter melts, about 1 minute.
- Season noodles with salt and pepper.
Very simple and nearly complete meal! I cut the meat and tomato mixture in half because I can barely eat 1/4 lb. of meat and I didn't want to have too much leftover. I left out the mushrooms due to allergy and used dried tarragon. I served this with buttered lima beans and we enjoyed it very much. What I did have leftover re-heated well the next day for lunch. Thanks Lainey!
This was very good. Fast and flavorful. Another one of those great 30 minute meals that is like taking a vacation without leaving home. I did omit the tarragon, as I could not find fresh.
As Rachel Ray would say, yummo lol! I normally dont like most of her recipes but this one was diffrent. It was easy and obviously a fast recipe to make. Me and my mother both enoyed this recipe. I used one boneless skinless chicken breast and the spread type low fat no taste fake butter (lol) but cut the rest of the recipe down to two, and for once in my cooking life there were no left overs. Now what am I sopose to do for lunch now haha! Took a bit longer than 30 minutes to make, but thats because I didnt have everything pre measured and all that jazz. All in all a very good recipe that I plan on playing around with by using diffrent veggie combo and such. Very gald I made this, thank you for posting!