Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you don't tell the company that it's a diabetic recipe they won't know!
Make and share this Country French Chicken (Diabetic Recipe) recipe from Food.com.
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Spray a large cold skillet with non-stick spray coating. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken on all sides in hot skillet.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms, celery, white wine, carrot, onion, garlic, bay leaf, parsley, and thyme to the skillet.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Discard bay leaf.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables platter; keep warm.
- For sauce, bring liquid in skillet to boiling. Cook about 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables.
YUM! A little bit of extra work needed to brown the chicken, but a tasty recipe that pleased, since the flavours of the wine and veggies blended well together. I omitted the mushrooms becuase I'm allergic to them, but stuck to the rest of the recipe. Please see my rating system: a tasty chicken dish that I will definiately make again, but with more herbs and more garlic to suit our taste for slightly stonger flavours. Thanks!
Mmmm! this was very nice I used chicken thighs but everything else was as the recipe said, I will make this again as it was so easy to put together. I used a nice wine and I do think that makes all the difference. Thank you for posting. Made for Honor thy mother May 2011.
I thought this was awful. I gave it to my dog who seemed to love it though. Had a bag a popcorn for dinner instead.