Recipe by FireRose
tasty high-protein dish.
Top Review by Derf
this chicken was quite good but we found it to be a little bland and the chicken was a bit dry. It did help to have the veggies and sauce over the chicken. I really feel 35 minutes was too long to simmer chicken breast and if I make it again I will simmer it for only about 20 minutes. We did enjoy the veggies and the sauce. thanks for posting.
- 2 lbs meaty chicken pieces (preferably breast pieces)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 medium onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from chicken.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Spray a cold large skillet with non-stick coating.
- Preheat the skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken on all sides in hot skillet.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms, celery, white wine, carrot, onion, garlic, bay leaf, parsley, and thyme to the skillet.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Transfer chicken and veggies to a serving platter; keep warm.
- For sauce, bring liquid in skillet to boiling.
- Cook about 3 minutes or till reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Pour sauce over chicken and veggies.