Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great comfort food.
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄8 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) soup can water
- 2 cups canned green beans or 2 cups sliced frozen green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups thin noodles, cooked, drained and set aside
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Butter a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Saute ham, onion rings and tarragon in 1 tablespoon butter until lightly browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in soup, water, green beans and noodles; place mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- In remaining 1 tablespoon butter, lightly brown bread crumbs, garlic and paprika.
- Sprinkle over top of ham mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden-topped.
This is simple but good. I only used one full can of green beans since my DS's don't eat them. I also used garlic powder with the bread crumbs rather than minced fresh garlic. The only thing I would change is to reduce the amount of ham to 1 or 1 1/2 cups and increase the noodles to 2 cups at least; there was a lot of ham so it was a bit off balanced. However it still tasted very good!! Made for May 'farm Cooking' with Andi Tag 5/2010.