Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
We usually eat breakfast for dinner once a week; a lot of times it is breakfast casseroles. This is a good all-in-one casserole the whole family likes. This is from the WI Milk Marketing Board, Inc.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped and divided
- 1 cup muenster cheese, grated and divided
- 1 cup cubed ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butted in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet.
- Add potatoes and onions and cook, covered over medium heat about 15 minutes until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Beat together eggs, salt, pepper, and milk; stir in 3 Tbs parsley and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with ham.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over eggs; return to oven for about 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Yum! I used all the indicated ingredients but just used whatever cheese I had on hand (tex mex and cheddar) and dried parsley. The kids loved it, the adults enjoyed it too. Quick and easy, but we had to cook longer as we didn't have an oven safe pot so had to transfer. Cooked an extra 10-15 minutes that way to firm up the egg. Will definitely add this into the rotation!
We loved having breakfast for dinner !! This is a marvellous and easy dish. I finely diced potatoes as hash browns are hard to find here. Along with the bacon I added some finely chopped camembert cheese for a more dinnertime flavour. We all had 2 serves !!
Very nice recipe ~ we often eat breakfast for dinner here and this made for a very easy weeknight meal. Thanks for posting this AZ! Made for 1~2~3 Hits.