Recipe by JustaQT
You can make these at home with a little preparation. They will certainly cost less than the five dollar price tag we often see on these! From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- oil, for deep-frying
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and brown sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger; ladle 1/2 cup batter into funnel.
- Holding the funnel several inches above the skillet, release finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all of the batter is released (scraping funnel with a rubber spatula if needed).
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
- (Note that the batter can be poured from a liquid measuring cup instead of a funnel.).