Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Grey Poupon, this sounds good.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, sweet
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 5 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1⁄2 cup country-style dijon mustard
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts, prepared
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is crumbly.
- Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Place mixture in large mixing bowl.
- To drippings in skillet, add spinach.
- Cook, covered, 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Cool slightly.
- Add to sausage mixture.
- Mix in oregano, eggs and mustard.
- Pour in pastry-lined pie shell.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with pastry.
- Cut vents.
- Bake in preheated 400 oven 35 minutes or until browned.
WOW lazyme...this was an AWESOME meal for us...loved the way the different flavors melded together and the pie crusts worked out for me too (last time I made something with pie crust the result was "blobs" of stuff). This was a beautiful piece of culinary work when it came out of the oven :) Thanks so much, this goes in the "keeper" cookbook. Made, eaten and reviewed for lazyme's win during Fall 2008 Football Pool Week #3.