Prep 12 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a beautiful white bread that I got off of a Homesteading Today website. This is sooo easy to make, better than store bought bread, and makes 2 loaves. Very versatile bread that has many possibilities.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups flour
- vegetable oil
- melted butter
- Dissolve yeast in warm (105-115 degree)water, let stand for five minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, eggs, 1/4 c oil, and 3 cups of flour. Mix well, and gradually add the remaining flour.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Form into ball and place into a well greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled (1 1/2-2 hours).
- Punch down, divide in half and shape into two loaves and place in well greased pans.
- Grease tops, cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from pans and brush with melted butter.
- A few tips:.
- For a quick rise: When you start the yeast to bloom, turn your oven on to the lowest setting. When yeast is bloomed, turn oven off. After placing the dough into the bowl, cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the warm oven. It took mine 1 hour to double. Do the same thing after punching down and shaping the dough.
- Make sure to really oil the pans well, including the lip of the pans, or they will stick.
i liked this recipe alot thanks for posting ,dee