3 hrs 12 mins
This is a beautiful white bread that I got off of a Homesteading Today website. This is sooo easy to make, better than store bought bread, and makes 2 loaves. Very versatile bread that has many possibilities.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm (105-115 degree)water, let stand for five minutes.
- 2Add sugar, salt, eggs, 1/4 c oil, and 3 cups of flour. Mix well, and gradually add the remaining flour.
- 3Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- 4Form into ball and place into a well greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled (1 1/2-2 hours).
- 5Punch down, divide in half and shape into two loaves and place in well greased pans.
- 6Grease tops, cover and let rise until doubled.
- 7Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
- 8Remove from pans and brush with melted butter.
- 9A few tips:.
- 10For a quick rise: When you start the yeast to bloom, turn your oven on to the lowest setting. When yeast is bloomed, turn oven off. After placing the dough into the bowl, cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the warm oven. It took mine 1 hour to double. Do the same thing after punching down and shaping the dough.
- 11Make sure to really oil the pans well, including the lip of the pans, or they will stick.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Crust Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1893.9
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 3574.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 339.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 51.3 g
- Protein 47.7 g