Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mom has been making this for many years and would have a very unhappy family if she didn't make this at Thanksgiving. It's very easy to throw together and so good! The ingredients listed as optional are listed like that because I never use them and my stuffing turns out just fine! I hope you and your family will enjoy it as much as mine!
- 2 (481.94 g) box Jiffy cornbread mix, baked and crumbled
- 946.36 ml soft breadcrumbs
- 453.59 g sausage
- 2.46 ml sage
- 473.18 ml celery, slices (optional)
- 236.59 ml chopped onion (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 283.49 g can chicken broth
- 59.14 ml water (or more to moisten as much as you prefer)
- Fry sausage and add sage, celery, and onion.
- Add breads, eggs, chicken broth and 1/4 water (or more) and bake at 350F in a 9x13 pan for 35 minutes.
I had never had cornbread stuffing before making this, and I was blown away by how great it was!! I used the recipe for "Sweet Cornbread" #83625 and it was perfect! A must have for Thanksgiving from now on! Loved it!!!
This is a delicious corn bread stuffing! Super quick and easy, so there is no need to ever use stuffing from a box. Only changes I made was adding salt, pepper and extra sage to taste.
This stuffing was the hit of our Thanksgiving dinner new recipes! Made exactly as written with optional ingredients and the addition of around a cup of dried cranberries. Everyone enjoyed it and wanted me to add the recipe to our family cookbook for next year.