Recipe by Loves2Teach
My mom has been making this for many years and would have a very unhappy family if she didn't make this at Thanksgiving. It's very easy to throw together and so good! The ingredients listed as optional are listed like that because I never use them and my stuffing turns out just fine! I hope you and your family will enjoy it as much as mine!
Top Review by Linsey S.
I had never had cornbread stuffing before making this, and I was blown away by how great it was!! I used the recipe for "Sweet Cornbread" #83625 and it was perfect! A must have for Thanksgiving from now on! Loved it!!!
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix, baked and crumbled
- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 lb sausage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 2 cups celery, slices (optional)
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup water (or more to moisten as much as you prefer)