Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very yummy soup that we like to make when we want fast and easy. You can also add chicken to this if you so desire.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 1 lb)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen or well-drained canned)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped chives
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until golden and tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in corn, milk, salt and pepper; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Ladle chowder into bowls.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives.
My Kids loved this but I added a little Garlic salt to give it a zing . Ate with cheese garlic bread. Very easy to make and very filling... Now a favorite in this house.